Being an environmentally responsible company is not just our policy, it's our commitment. We make it our promise to produce products in an environmentally sound manner and in a safe and healthy workplace. For FOSSIL, these practices are both good common sense, as well as good business. We hope you will support our efforts and achievements when choosing a product for your needs.
- FOSSIL products are GREENGUARD certified for low emissions, meeting or exceeding national testing standards for off-gassing emissions.
- Recognized by The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.
- FSC Certified. FSC “Forest Stewardship Council” certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits. Rainforest Alliance is an FSC accredited certifier.
- We use only chlorine free paper to make our CHPL (Custom High Pressure Laminate) graphics.
- 100% of the paper used in our products is from recycled or renewable resources. Using recycled paper saves landfill space and minimizes water and energy consumption.
- We have totally eliminated environmentally unfriendly silk screening from our imaging process. In fact, all the inks used by FOSSIL are environmentally friendly water based inks.
- No Urea-Formaldehyde Resins are used in the production of our CHPL (Custom High Pressure Laminate) products.
- FOSSIL uses steel plates to impart texture to our products, eliminating the use and disposal of release paper which helps conserve forests as well as reduce our solid waste stream.
- FOSSIL's products can be installed without any adhesives or when using a laminate thickness installed with low 0-VOC adhesives.
- We rigorously adhere to all permit requirements for air and water emissions.
- FOSSIL products are made to be long lasting, thereby reducing the overall impact on the earth's resources.